COHOES, N.Y. (NEWS10) – A long-serving Cohoes Fire Captain has retired after over 30 years on the job. Captain James Fennen completed his final shift at 7 a.m. on Thursday, September 17.
Captain Fennen became an “Official Junior Firefighter” in his teens and spent his supper break working at Central Avenue Fire Station.
He officially became a firefighter in December 1989 and was promoted to Captain in 1996. Captain Fennen also served as a firefighter in the Air National Guard for 22 years, reaching the rank of Master Sergeant.
In a statement, the Cohoes Firefighters’ Union said:
“Captain James Fennen is truly irreplaceable. We look forward to celebrating his legacy with a final walkout and would be honored if members of the press would be there to document the occasion.”
- Potential COVID exposures at Bolton Landing restaurant over Thanksgiving weekend
- Saratoga Springs announces small business grant program, up to $10,000 available per grant
- 12/03/2020: A nice warm up with more sunshine today
- WATCH: Obama urges closer look at the phrase ‘defund the police’
- Two Albany men arraigned in local murder case, charged with multiple felonies