“Our numbers are low. You know, you see them rising in other parts of the country and I feel proud of New York State that we’re in a good place right now,” said Owner Matt Baumgartner.
All of Baumgartner’s bars will reopen starting Tuesday at 2 p.m.
“My gut is telling me that things are in a better place and also I have 50, 60, people that are wanting to get back to work,” Baumgartner said.
The locations previously closed after Baumgartner felt it was difficult to maintain proper health guidelines, including the wearing of masks and social distancing, in a crowded sports pub atmosphere.
Baumgartner said he believes people were not initially following the safety guidelines when bars first reopened because they were finally able to get out of their homes.
The reopening comes with enhanced safety guidelines:
- When on your feet, you MUST wear a mask, even while walking around our patios and inside the Biergartens.
- If you are consuming alcohol, you MUST be seated and eating at all times
- We will be implementing a Please Wait to Be Seated Rule at entry to further help us find socially distanced seating for all of our Guests.
To celebrate reopening the locations, Baumgartner decided to extend the Birthday Boot offer to all those who had a birthday from March until August. He said the offer is valid until September 7th.
- MGM Springfield celebrate top sustainability rating, Governor Baker and city officials attend event
- Crossgates Regal Cinemas reopens April 23
- Governor Baker visits Berkshire Regional Collaborative Vaccination Site, provides update
- Some healthcare workers don’t want the COVID-19 vaccine
- ‘Operation Safe Stop’; Deterring drivers from passing stopped school buses