WATERFORD, N.Y. (NEWS10) – Residents in Waterford are displaying the best that fall has to offer right in their front yards.
The decked out homes are part of the ‘Fall for Waterford” contest, which encourages residents to outfit their houses with fall decorations and submit pictures online for consideration. The ultimate goal is to show off the beauty of their town, while bringing the community together.
Hosted by the Anthony Blaauboer Kindness Foundation, the foundation is run by Jeff and Michelle Blaauboer, who lost their son in August 2018. They continue to honor his legacy by spreading a message of kindness, a trait their son was most known for.
Like many of the applicants, it’s not about winning, it’s about showing support for Anthony.
The contest runs until October 24. At the end of the month, four homes will be selected to win gift cards to local restaurants.
- NASA to announce new discovery about the moon
- Senate to confirm Amy Coney Barrett’s Supreme Court nomination
- Albany gas prices remain unchanged from last week
- 10/26/2020: Cool and soggy start to the week
- Trump’s support hits six month high in key battleground states