QUEENSBURY, N.Y. (NEWS10) — The Warren County administrator said big box stores such as Walmart are now stepping up to do their part in ensuring the safety of all customers at their stores.
The change comes after multiple complaints were filed against stores for not encouraging customers to wear masks while in the store.
According to Warren County Administrator Ryan Moore, Walmart will begin new standards for all stores in the region, including training “health ambassadors” and hiring security to assist with mask enforcement.
- WATCH: Albany County coronavirus update, Jan. 15
- Live: What else is in Biden’s $1.9T coronavirus plan?
- ‘Strong evidence’ suggests Capitol rioters intended to ‘capture and assassinate’ officials, US prosecutors say
- Ball security at the top of the list for Bills offense vs. Ravens
- State police are investigating a fatal vehicle crash in the Town of Cairo