SARATOGA, SPRINGS, N.Y. (NEWS10) — Family, friends, and staff gathered outside of Saratoga Hospital for a very special homecoming.
Tom Cappelletti spent nearly four weeks in the hospital after being diagnosed with COVID-19. His battle was complicated because the virus wasn’t his only fight.
“He got an infection and that was the driving force that got him in here. His body started to shut down it got in his organs,” said Judy Siechen, Tom’s sister.
Tom was sedated for two weeks and couldn’t see his family in person. On Wednesday, he was released from the hospital and sent home with applause for overcoming his battle.
- Bills WR Stefon Diggs anticipates seeing more zone defense
- Capital Region voters experience long waits at the polls
- Pence’s top aide tests positive for coronavirus
- Shen takes down Guilderland in sectional final rematch
- Greenville wins regular season title in dominating fashion