ALBANY, N.Y. (NEWS100 — eSports competitors with the University at Albany are bringing home $5,000 in cash prize winnings to donate to students in need during the coronavirus pandemic.
All $5,000 will be donated to the school’s emergency fund, which was established at all SUNY schools shortly after the pandemic forced universities to close campus.
The student emergency fund will help any student experiencing financial hardship and help them get on track for graduation.
- Montgomery County man facing assault, strangulation charges after knocking man out during fight
- MGM Springfield reopens Monday: What guests can expect
- NY Attorney General Letitia James to address sexual harassment in the construction industry
- Police investigating after violent weekend in the Capital Region
- Vintage Super Mario Bros. video game sells for $114,000