ALBANY, N.Y. (NEWS10) — Administrators at The University at Albany have released plans for their fall reopening. The semester is set to begin on August 24, pending approval from the Governor’s Office. On-campus housing will be available.
There will be more information in the coming weeks. Here are some of the guidelines that the school will have in place at the beginning of the semester.
- UAlbany will implement strict safety policies requiring face coverings, physical distancing, hand hygiene, and cleaning protocols to ensure the health of our community and meet or exceed all public health guidelines
- Limit the number of people in all public spaces, including classrooms, the Campus Center and libraries
- COVID-19 screening, contact tracing, education and testing, when appropriate
- Classes will be delivered through a combination of in-person, hybrid (in-person and online components), and fully online instruction
- Students will have the opportunity to request an all-online course schedule, if they prefe
- Residence halls will be open at reduced occupancy
- Dining services will be available with additional takeout and delivery options
- Welcome events will be modified to allow for physical distancing