MALTA, N.Y. (NEWS10) — The Saratoga County Sheriff’s Office says two teens were arrested Thursday in connection to a string of thefts from vehicles in Clifton Park, Ballston, and Malta.
Starting July 21, police say they began fielding multiple escalating reports of thefts from motor vehicles in the area. All of the vehicles were unlocked and contained valuables like car keys.
The Sheriff’s Office says an investigation led to the arrests of two juveniles males. They were arrested in a vehicle stolen from Malta while fleeing the scene of the theft, according to law enforcement.
Both suspects are from Schenectady. One is 15 and the other is 17, and they’re facing identical felony third-degree grand larceny charges.
The Sheriff’s Office said the investigation is still ongoing, and that they expect to make more arrests.
- Biden releases 2019 tax returns ahead of debate
- Schenectady County coronavirus update Tuesday, September 29
- New York State Clinical Task Force members to review all federally authorized COVID-19 vaccines
- Celebrating National Coffee Day with Second Wind Coffee
- Defense in Schoharie limo crash case reacts to NTSB report