TROY, N.Y. (NEWS10) — Troy police are investigating a shooting that took place Tuesday.
The shooting occurred on 6th Avenue between Swift Street and Glen Avenue.
Police said patrol officers were investigating an unrelated fireworks complaint when they heard what they believed to be gunshots. They responded to the area and found a male victim.
The 36-year-old Troy man was taken to a local hospital with multiple gunshot wounds to his arms and legs. His injuries are considered non-life threatening.
No one was in custody as of Tuesday night, and the investigation is ongoing.
Anyone with information is asked to contact police at (518) 270-4421 or anonymously at www.troypd.org.
- UAlbany opens season with thrilling win over New Hampshire
- Siena lets one slip away in regular season finale
- CBA outduels La Salle in shootout at Frear Park
- NCAA approves Siena women’s basketball waiver for postseason eligibility
- Professional lacrosse team name contest narrowed down to three options