ALBANY, N.Y. (NEWS10) — The Times Union Center is accepting design applications for a photo-op mural. The roughly 16,000-seat-capacity indoor arena announced the contest for creative muralists on Monday, alongside a list of guidelines:
- Art must include the word “Albany”
- Artwork must be PG-rated, without nudity, rough language, or drug or alcohol references
- Artist must own the rights to any photographs
- Artist must give the TUC permission to use and showcase the mural on social media
- Artist must allow social media posts, video, and pictures to feature the mural without photo credit
The final artwork must be submitted as a high-resolution digital file. The intended mural space is 17 feet wide by nine feet tall.
Entries will be accepted until May 1, and all ages are welcome to enter.
The TUC will choose five finalists to post on Facebook and Instagram before its followers decide the winner.
The TUC did not publicize how they would pay the winner of the contest for use of their artwork, or whether the winnings include a cash prize.
- Virginia woman watches virus-stricken husband die from a distance
- Glens Falls Hospital serenaded by EMS, police, and general public
- Schoharie County ARC readjusts services to aid disabled through COVID-19
- Schenectady County advances pandemic property tax and foreclosure relief package
- Dr. Fauci: ‘We need to put our foot on the accelerator’ to see an end to COVID-19 pandemic