TAGHKANIC, N.Y. (NEWS10) — A 75-year-old man has been arrested on a charge of Attempted Murder.
Around 3:45 p.m. Friday, New York State Police were called to Sopak Road for a reported domestic incident.
At the scene, police found Joseph Macri attempting to drown the victim in a pond on the property. The 75 year old complied with Troopers’ commands and was taken into custody without incident.
The victim was taken to Columbia Memorial Hospital in stable condition.
Macri was charged with Attempted Murder in the First Degree. He was sent to Columbia County Jail without bail.
He is scheduled to reappear in court on July 8.
- Vermont announces $3M+ in downtown tax credits
- Health officials issue warning after Rensselaer county overdoses
- Heavy Police presence on Albany Street in Schenectady
- Stephenie Meyer says more ‘Twilight’ books are planned
- Off-duty officer’s 911 call about Black youths raises questions