RENSSELAER, N.Y. (NEWS10) — Stewart’s Shops made a big donation to help make sure school athletics can continue in a district facing financial hurdles.
Sports were recently cut from the Rensselaer City School District budget to help close a big funding gap. On Monday, Stewart’s presented a $10,000 donation to help save athletics in the district.
The district only recently found it was going to be receiving the donation from Stewart’s. The Stewart’s district manager said it makes sense for the company to give back to their community.
- Local telehealth program on the horizon for emergency medicine
- Albany County Hockey Facility parking lot to host drive-thru Toys for Tots toy drop-off
- Credit union donates school supplies to students in Schenectady CSD
- WATCH: 22nd Congressional Debate
- Wood Theater cuts staff to part-time as pandemic furthers “dire situation”