State Police have sent out an updated press release, the story has been updated with the new information
COHOES, N.Y. (NEWS10) — New York State Police pulled a body from the Mohawk River on Wednesday. Police said the call for reports of a body in the river came in around 1 p.m.
When Troopers arrived they found Joshua Abood, 22, of Albany in a shallow pool of water in the Mohawk River off of Peebles Island.
An autopsy revealed that Abood died of cardiopulmonary arrest as a consequence of drowning and has been considered accidental.
State Police continue to investigate and will give updates as they become available.
- Girl Scouts discuss the importance of voting
- How baseball hall of fame plans to tell the stories of 2020 season
- NYPL could become summer showcase league under MLB proposal
- Rensselaer Park Elementary may reopen
- Paws Across Pacific: Historic animal rescue flight provides hundreds of Hawaii shelter animals with forever homes