ATLANTA (NEWS10) — Former Shen pitcher Ian Anderson was named starting pitcher for the Atlanta Braves/New York Yankees game on Tuesday, according to a tweet from the MLB team. There was speculation earlier this week that Anderson would get his first start.
The Atlanta Braves and the New York Yankees were scheduled to face off Tuesday night but was canceled due to rain. He will pitch the front end of the double header on Wednesday.
More Sports News
- Morton merely mortal for Rays, question becomes what’s next
- October Red: Dodgers’ Turner again delivers with bat, glove
- Mertz, No. 14 Wisconsin rout Illinois 45-7 in Big Ten opener
- Albany Academy boys golf sets impressive milestone with 250 straight regular season wins
- Curry, Stormo granted NCAA waivers