State police say they responded at around 5:40 p.m. on Sunday to reports of a skydiver injured in a hard landing on Sand Hill Road.
Investigators say David H. Richardson, 41, of Gardiner was attempting a “swoop landing” when he landed at a high rate of speed.
Richardson was transported to Westchester Medical Center where he succumbed to his injuries.
- Structure fire at fined Schoharie County summer camp
- Ballston Spa PD investigating vehicle thefts
- Hearing held on COVID-19 effects on hospitals
- Department of Transportation worker pleads guilty after getting thousands in fake reimbursements
- 16-year-old charged after car chase ends in Albany crash