SARATOGA SPRINGS, N.Y. (NEWS10) — If you’re strolling around Saratoga Springs, don’t be surprised if you see police horses sporting some protective gear.
Out of an abundance of caution, horses in the Mounted Patrol Unit have been outfitted with face shields.
According to a Facebook post by Saratoga Springs Public Safety, the horses are instrumental in crowd control meaning they have a lot of contact with the public.
Recent protests turning aggressive have also become a safety issue, which raised the need for the masks.
- Outpatient surgery center opens in Albany
- 1 New Yorker died from virus Sunday, infection rate under 1% statewide
- Greenwich sets annual Halloween parade as surefire event amid year of cancelations
- Amazon series “Modern Love” begins filming in Capital Region
- Watch: Ellen DeGeneres makes on-air apology, vows a ‘new chapter’