BALLSTON SPA, N.Y. (NEWS10) — The Saratoga County Sheriff’s Office kicked off the 2020 Convoy for Tots Holiday Collection Drive. The sheriff’s office partnered with iHeart Media and PYX106 to help the Capital Region Toys for Tots.
The actual convoy will take place at 9 a.m. on Sunday, November 8.
In the six years of the drive, they have donated more than 90,000 toys valued at more than $1.2 million.
Officials said the pandemic has created a huge increase in the number of children who will be needing help this holiday season.
- 50 million and counting: 11 days out, early voting in 2020 surpasses 2016 total
- COVID-19 vaccine trial from AstraZeneca, Oxford approved to resume in US
- Asteroid samples escaping from jammed NASA spacecraft: ‘Time is of the essence’
- Granville school community builds 25 desks for remote students
- Officials track down first-ever ‘murder hornet’ nest in Washington