*Correction: previous version of story stated RPI had “signed” an agreement with College Suites at Hudson Valley.
TROY, N.Y. (NEWS10) — Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute in Troy confirmed it is moving toward a one-year agreement with a housing complex in the city that was previously available to anyone.
RPI currently leases property from College Suites at City Station in Troy, which includes City Station West and City Station South. Similar to these properties, College Suites at Hudson Valley will be operated as part of the Rensselaer Residential Commons.
A statement sent to NEWS10 ABC reads: “Rensselaer intends to proceed with a one-year lease agreement with College Suites at Hudson Valley. This property will be operated as part of the Rensselaer Residential Commons. Typically, all first-year and second-year students are required to live in the Residential Commons, as are all transfer students when they first arrive and all students participating in the Arch summer program — which is a requirement for Juniors during the summer after their sophomore year.”
- Fake News: A look at what didn’t happen last week
- Dr. Fauci: U.S. still in the first wave, seasonal ‘challenge’ lies ahead
- Jahyae Brown looks to stay undefeated on Saturday
- Local activist group holds speak out event to honor Breonna Taylor
- Local woman sentenced to prison for 2019 fatal Malta crash