TROY, N.Y. (NEWS10) — Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute was awarded a large grant to continue their work helping doctors and nurses fighting on the front lines of the coronavirus pandemic.
The school was awarded a $200,000 National Science Foundation grant to research extending the use of N95 face masks and other personal protective equipment.
The work will integrate new materials in to the mask frame that not only block, but can actually deactivate the virus. This could allow doctors and nurses to reuse the masks multiple times after they have been sterilized.
- Man charged intent to engage in sexual conduct with a child
- Bills legend Darryl Talley talks Bills-Ravens ahead of Saturday’s divisional matchup
- Some Capital Region residents face COVID-19 vaccine scheduling issues
- ‘If it wasn’t my job I would have done that for free’: Officer after surviving Capitol mob assault
- Federal judge refuses to release man wearing horns and face paint from custody after Capitol riot