On Saturday, April 27, between the hours of 9 a.m. and 7 p.m., a helicopter will be working in the area around the Corning Tower, lifting materials from the Grand Street parking lot to the roof of the Corning Tower.
This helicopter lift is the last of two scheduled to take place to transport materials related to roofing work and the replacement of the building’s original maintenance rigs.
Road closures from 7 a.m. until approximately 7 p.m.:
- Phillip Street between Grand and Van Zandt
- Hamilton Street between Grand and Phillip
- Sidewalks will be open for residents
Road closures from 8 a.m. until approximately 7 p.m.:
- Eagle Street between Madison and Lancaster
- Eagle Street northwest at Lancaster Street – Full Closure
- Phillip Street at Madison Avenue – Half Closure (East Bound Traffic)
- Arterial from P-1 level (“Mousehole”) to Madison Avenue
Structure/Parking closures from 7 a.m. until approximately 7 p.m.:
- Corning Tower
- Wadsworth Health Labs
- Concourse corridor from Corning Tower to the Post Office
- East Parking Garage
- Grand Street lot
- Walkway from Concourse level to East Parking Garage
- All plaza level structures and outdoor areas within 150 feet of Corning Tower
- P1, P2, and P3 South parking levels
If conditions are not right, the lift will be rescheduled to Sunday, same schedule. I will send out a notice Saturday morning if the lift is postponed.