City officials have issued a traffic advisory for road closures and parking restrictions associated with the 71st Troy Turkey Trot. The following streets will be closed beginning 5:00am until approximately 2:00pm on Thanksgiving Day, Thursday, November 22:
- 4th Street from State Street north to Federal Street
- Federal Street from the Green Island Bridge to 6th Avenue
- Green Island Bridge into Troy from 7:00am to approx. 12:00n
- River Street from 3rd Street to 1st Street
- River Street/2nd Avenue from the Green Island Bridge to 102nd Street
- 2nd Street from State Street to Broadway
- Fulton Street from 3rd Street to 5th Avenue
- King Street from the Green Island Bridge to River Street
- 3rd Street from River/Fulton to Broadway
- Broadway from 5th Avenue to River Street
- Grand Street from 5th Avenue to 4th Street
- River Street/2nd Avenue from King Street to 112th Street – River Street/2nd Avenue from 112th to 102nd will reopen at approximately 9:30am
- 3rd Avenue from 105th Street to 112th Street – 3rd Avenue will reopen at approximately 9:30am
- 111th Street from 3rd Avenue to 2nd Avenue – 111th Street will reopen at approximately 9:30am
All eastbound and westbound streets entering the above roads will be closed one block east and west.
Select parking restrictions will go into effect on Wednesday evening, November 21. Motorists are asked to observe all posted parking restrictions and traffic detour signs in the area of the race course and to seek alternate routes.
Vehicles in violation of parking restrictions will be ticketed at the owner’s expense. Vehicles towed from south of Hoosick Street will be relocated to the Sage parking lots (intersection of River Street and Division Streets). Vehicles towed from north of Hoosick Street will be relocated to the Knickerbacker Ice Rink (191 103rd Street).
Vehicles parked in the Uncle Sam Parking Garage will be unable to leave until the race event has concluded and roads are reopened.