AMSTERDAM, N.Y. (NEWS10) — A retired Amsterdam fire fighter is the first reported death in Montgomery County due to complications from COVID-19.
Dave Swart, who was a 30-year veteran of the Amsterdam Fire Department, died Friday morning.
Swart was best known for his hot dog truck, Dave’s Dawgs.
“He was my friend, but he was a friend of Amsterdam,” said Assemblyman Angelo Santabarbara. “You were touched by his kindness. He love being a part of the community. His trailer was a landmark.”
While Swart was the first death due to COVID-19, Santabarbara said this should be a wake up call for everyone to limit risk of exposure to the virus.
- Teen returns home after Christmas Eve heart transplant
- COVID-19 vaccine distribution update in Schenectady, Rensselaer Counties
- Hot Pockets recalled, they may contain hard plastic and glass
- Car fire follows shots fired incident in Albany
- Brown wins 400, UAlbany men’s basketball knocks off NJIT 83-75