AMSTERDAM, N.Y. (NEWS10) — A retired Amsterdam fire fighter is the first reported death in Montgomery County due to complications from COVID-19.
Dave Swart, who was a 30-year veteran of the Amsterdam Fire Department, died Friday morning.
Swart was best known for his hot dog truck, Dave’s Dawgs.
“He was my friend, but he was a friend of Amsterdam,” said Assemblyman Angelo Santabarbara. “You were touched by his kindness. He love being a part of the community. His trailer was a landmark.”
While Swart was the first death due to COVID-19, Santabarbara said this should be a wake up call for everyone to limit risk of exposure to the virus.
- Tempered excitement over Indian Bowl staying alive
- Spa Catholic senior catcher prepares for UAlbany
- Jiu-jitsu academy reopens, defying executive order
- Unattended Memorial Day campfire burns nearly two acres, including campsite and belongings
- North Carolina 7-year-old puts on prom for his graduating babysitter