RENSSELAER, N.Y. (NEWS10) — New test results have revealed toxic water pollution at the Dunn C&D Landfill, according to the Rensselaer Environmental Coalition.
The landfill has been the site of controversy for years in the community. The coalition plans to hold a press conference at noon on Saturday outside the entrance of the landfill.
The New York State Department of Environmental Conservation has handed down several punishments against the landfill in recent years.
The Rensselaer City School District, which has a building right next to the dump, has long complained about the smell and dirt from the property.
- Kasir Goldston picks up first professional win
- Kasir Goldston set to make professional boxing debut
- Volunteer firefighter dies of injuries sustained battling blaze
- Monarchs Baseball League giving Section 2 players fall ball opportunity
- Bills relying on Andre Roberts’ dynamic return skills once again