PITTSTOWN, N.Y. (NEWS10) — One man has died after a fire in Rensselaer County.
Police said the fire began just before 3:15 p.m. Thursday in the hamlet of Melrose. Multiple fire departments were on scene.
Robert Tronans, 75, died as a result of the fire. No other injuries were reported. Robert and his wife were the only two people in the house at the time.
After further investigation, police do not believe the fire to be criminal.
“Anytime we have a fatal fire, fatal accident it does put a toll on the first responders so we’ll keep an eye on the fire chief and watch his crew. Everyone was giving 110% because they believe and understood someone was inside the structure,” says Jay Wilson, Rensselaer County Director of Public Safety.
- Local telehealth program on the horizon for emergency medicine
- Albany County Hockey Facility parking lot to host drive-thru Toys for Tots toy drop-off
- Credit union donates school supplies to students in Schenectady CSD
- WATCH: 22nd Congressional Debate
- Wood Theater cuts staff to part-time as pandemic furthers “dire situation”