TROY, N.Y. (NEWS10) — The Rensselaer County Department for the Aging recently announced a partnership with Community Caregivers to reconnect seniors in isolation.
The program is called “Checking on Our Neighbors.” The idea is to locate seniors who are not connected to the department and their resources.
Funding for the program was made possible by the Troy Savings Bank Charitable Foundation. Know a senior in need? Contact the NY Connects program at 518-270-2767.
- Bill introduced for DEC rangers to carry EpiPens
- After a year without Broadway, the show must go on
- ‘Godzilla shark’: 300 million-year-old fossil discovered in New Mexico
- FEMA’s funeral program overwhelmed by 1 million calls on first day
- Secretary of State makes surprise trip to Afghanistan after Biden announces he’s pulling troops from region