RENSSELAER, N.Y. (NEWS10) — The federal government is working to fast track a vaccine and treatment for COVID-19 dubbed Operation Warp Speed, and it’s tapping some of the nation’s best biotech and pharmaceutical companies to try to do it.
In the Capital Region, Regeneron has been awarded a $450 million contract to manufacture and supply a double antibody coronavirus cocktail.
It’s currently in Phase 2 of three clinical trials for treatment of COVID-19, and Phase 3 of trials of the prevention of COVID-19 infection.
- M&T Bank announces new app to help people with mental disabilities
- Royal Caribbean delays Odyssey of the Seas launch after crew tests positive for COVID-19
- Governor Baker visits White Lion Brewing in Springfield to announce small business recovery funding
- Albany County coronavirus update, June 16
- Watch: Elk protecting calves turn aggressive, send tourists scattering