RENSSELAER, N.Y. (NEWS10) — The federal government is working to fast track a vaccine and treatment for COVID-19 dubbed Operation Warp Speed, and it’s tapping some of the nation’s best biotech and pharmaceutical companies to try to do it.
In the Capital Region, Regeneron has been awarded a $450 million contract to manufacture and supply a double antibody coronavirus cocktail.
It’s currently in Phase 2 of three clinical trials for treatment of COVID-19, and Phase 3 of trials of the prevention of COVID-19 infection.
- Man arrested for arson after Elks Lodge fire
- Trump gets endorsement of NYC police union
- Over $470k donated after North Carolina boy fatally shot at point-blank range while playing
- SU Football players sit out of practice again over COVID-19 concerns
- Lawmaker: Trump’s executive order to prevent evictions has ‘no force of law’