SYRACUSE, N.Y. (NEWS10) — As New York State continues the reopening process, Pyramid Management Group is asking Gov. Andrew Cuomo to reconsider his decision not to allow shopping malls to reopen in Phase Two.
Pyramid owns Crossgates Mall, Crossgates Commons and Aviation Mall in the Capital Region. It said reopening now is key to their survival and that they’ve been working tirelessly with their businesses to ensure a safe and responsible reopening.
They believe the large, open spaces of their malls will allow for social distancing and lessen the density in standalone stores, which are able to open in Phase Two.
In a statement, Pyramid Management said, in-part:
“Our extensive safety protocols put into place over the past two months meet or exceed State, CDC and national health guidelines to protect the health, safety and well-being of everyone. Our tenants and their employees are anxious to get back to work.”
- Man charged intent to engage in sexual conduct with a child
- Bills legend Darryl Talley talks Bills-Ravens ahead of Saturday’s divisional matchup
- Some Capital Region residents face COVID-19 vaccine scheduling issues
- ‘If it wasn’t my job I would have done that for free’: Officer after surviving Capitol mob assault
- Federal judge refuses to release man wearing horns and face paint from custody after Capitol riot