PITTSFIELD, Mass. (NEWS10) — The Pittsfield Housing Authority says the pandemic has made an impact on their services.
When reaching out to applicants for the verification process, they’ve noticed more people not responding because their information was not up to date.
The agency says when this happens, applicants may be passed over or removed from the list.
Housing officials are now asking people to keep their information updated and check-in at least once a month.
“They need to make sure they are contacting the housing authority where they have a federal application at so their contact information is consistently updated. If they have a state application through the CHAMP system, they need to make sure they are going online or sending in information,” said Tina Leonesio, Senior Public Housing Manager at Pittsfield Housing Authority.
- QB Jones injured in Giants’ win over Burrow-less Bengals
- Traveling nurse diagnosed with both COVID-19 and cancer while helping with coronavirus efforts
- LIVE: Supreme Court to weigh Trump bid in census case
- Albany Symphony nominated for a GRAMMY, 5th time in seven years
- US may see ‘surge upon surge’ of virus in weeks ahead, Dr. Fauci says