LATHAM, N.Y. (NEWS10) — Fire department and police personnel responded to a nitrogen leak near the Albany Airport Friday morning.
Fire department crews responded around 8:00 a.m. to a liquid nitrogen leak at the Pepsi Co. plant in Latham near Old Niskayuna Road and Sicker Road. Colonie Deputy Fire Coordinator Michael Romano said a 200-gallon tank began to leak, a small cloud of nitrogen shooting into the air, staying close to the plant and low to the ground.
Police say the leak was quickly contained and there is no danger to the public or the environment. No one was injured in the incident.
NEWS10 ABC has a crew at the scene and will continue to update this story with the latest details.
- Mechanicville City School District preparing for possibility of yellow zone
- “We’ve tested our players over 600 times and have had 2 positives” Jim Boeheim post-game following win over Niagara
- Guerrier and Richmond help power Syracuse to blowout win over Niagara
- More than 25 people rescued from human smuggling operation in Texas
- Police: Troy man arrested after thefts from 5 construction sites