GREAT BARRINGTON, Mass. (NEWS10) — Great Barrington police are investigating the death of Thomas P. Sullivan from Sheffield, who served as a longtime golf pro at Wyantenuck County Club. They said the death was caused by Wednesday’s storms.
Police were called to the Wyantenuck Country Golf Club on West Sheffield Road around 5:30 p.m. on Wednesday for a report of a golf cart with a tree on top of it on a dirt access road running alongside the golf course.
There, police said they found a man, later identified as Sullivan, lying on the ground by the side of the cart. Officers attempted first aid, but he was deceased.
Police said the cart was covered with several trees and branches, and they are waiting on the medical examiner’s office to arrive.
- Potential COVID exposures at Bolton Landing restaurant over Thanksgiving weekend
- Saratoga Springs announces small business grant program, up to $10,000 available per grant
- 12/03/2020: A nice warm up with more sunshine today
- WATCH: Obama urges closer look at the phrase ‘defund the police’
- Two Albany men arraigned in local murder case, charged with multiple felonies