ALBANY, N.Y. (NEWS10) — A portion of Washington Avenue in Albany is closed after a serious crash involving a vehicle and a pedestrian.
Around 5:15 p.m. Tuesday, police said a person was struck by a vehicle at the intersection of Washington Avenue and Ontario Street. The 74-year-old man sustained traumatic injuries and was taking to Albany Medical Center where he is listed in critical condition.
Washington Avenue from Quail Street to Partridge Street is closed to all traffic. Motorist are urged to seek alternate routes.
The investigation is ongoing.
- Hot Pockets recalled, they may contain hard plastic and glass
- Car fire follows shots fired incident in Albany
- Brown wins 400, UAlbany men’s basketball knocks off NJIT 83-75
- Health officials identify the UK Variant of COVID-19 in Tompkins County
- From Baked Alaska to a guy with horns: notable riot arrests