BETHLEHEM, N.Y. (NEWS10) — The Bethlehem Preschool held a parade for their teachers to honor them during Teacher Appreciation Week.
Teachers and students from the school held signs and flags to show their love and appreciation for one another as parents and representatives of the Bethlehem Police and Fire Departments drove by.
The teachers are currently teaching through Zoom meetings as well as at the school for the children of essential workers. They said the most difficult part is keeping the connections between the teachers and students.
“Because we’re all social distancing, the connections are difficult,” Bethlehem co-director Cathy Halayko said. “We’ve been doing Zoom meetings, but it is wonderful to see the children in person.”
- Local law will fine drivers caught on camera passing stopped school buses
- Group protests recent Minnesota police shooting
- Governor Cuomo green lights in-person graduations
- Siena earns spot in MAAC final with 2-1 win over Rider
- Biden meets with bipartisan group of lawmakers to discuss American Jobs Plan