Officers spring into action to put out fire in local jail

Local

Around 10pm Monday night a fire broke out in the kitchen of the Saratoga County Jail. After hearing the alarm, two correctional officers sprang into action to put the fire out. 

Since the kitchen is out of service, the County partnered with a vendor to provide meals to the 200 inmates housed in the facility. 

According to the Saratoga County Sheriff’s office, the cause of the fire was electrical.  

Copyright 2019 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Download our news app

Get it on Google Play