EARLTON, N.Y. (NEWS10) — New York State Police have identified the body of the man found in Green County Wednesday afternoon as a Troy man missing since early January. The case if now a homicide investigation.
Troy Police said New York State Police investigators preliminary identified the body as Michael McMahon, 49 and immediately notified Troy Police. Troy Police are now investigating the incident as a homicide.
Police said the body was discovered by a hiker around 4:30 p.m. Wednesday off Potic Creek Road in the hamlet of Earlton in Coxsackie. The hiker followed her puppy into a wooded area where the remains were located.
Police said an autopsy will be conducted in the near future to try and determine the potential cause of death and identify any additional evidence.
Police are encouraging anyone with information to reach out to Troy PD Detectives at (518) 270-4426 or anonymously at www.troypd.org.
- ‘Absurd’: $1B earmarked for PPE spent on body armor, jet parts
- Investigation reveals how Trump campaign used Facebook to deter voters in 2016 campaign
- Bills defensive coordinator Leslie Frazier: “It’s better for our team when we have balance”
- The Grand at Barnwell to pay $22,000 in fines after DOH cites COVID-19 health and safety violations
- Pittsfield cafeteria employees no longer facing layoffs