LATHAM, N.Y. (NEWS10) — The New York National Guard honored fallen Guardsmen Friday with a smaller ceremony due to the coronavirus pandemic.
The service was held at National Guard headquarters in Latham with fewer than 10 people. The ceremony featured a bugler, the singing of the National Anthem, and the placing of the wreath.
Organizers said they wanted to recognize the importance of Memorial Day while also abiding by social distancing guidelines.
The ceremony was taped and posted online for everyone to see.
- Bills LB Tyrel Dodson has strong first NFL start filling in for Tremaine Edmunds
- 72nd Emmy Awards: The Winners
- Patriots tied with Seahawks, 14-14 at halftime
- New website makes Halloween safety simple
- BOX SCORE: Giants 13, Bears 17; Saquon Barkley feared to have torn ACL