WASHINGTON (NEWS10) — The National Transportation Safety Board is calling on the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration to adopt limo safety reforms in the wake of the Schoharie limo crash.
The letter from the NTSB includes the recommendations of lap and shoulder belts for all passenger seats on vehicles that were modified to be limousines. They also recommend seat belts for all passengers on buses that weigh anywhere from 10,000 to 26,000 pounds.
In April, local Reps. Paul Tonko, Elise Stefanik, and Antonio Delgado all called for NHTSA to adopt the limo regulations.
- ‘Happy Abby’ – Mother remembers Fort Bragg paratrooper who died in training accident
- How a struggling household can get federal rental assistance
- Brook Road in Saratoga Springs to close until Sept. 3
- IRS offers 10 ways to avoid tax return slipups
- Cuomo launches NYC vaccination campaign for grocery workers