NORTH GREENBUSH, N.Y. (NEWS10) — North Greenbush Police Chief David Keevern has released the name of the victim in the crash on Route 4 on Monday evening.
The victim was Lama Lupuku, a 61-year-old man who last lived at Oak Hill. Police knew Lupuku’s identity early in the investigation but would not publically release it until his family was duly notified.
Two different individuals have come forward to tell police they may have been the driver who hit Lupuku. Both say they did not know what they had hit, and did not suspect hitting a person until Tuesday. Both voluntarily went to police, who say they are cooperating fully with the investigation.
Keevern says the investigation continues as another vehicle may be involved.
- Senior citizens in East Greenbush bury 2020 time capsule
- Fulton County YMCA will hold a trick-or-treat to help local nonprofits
- Schenectady nonprofit says more children leaving abusive homes to live with family during pandemic
- Fourth coronavirus case reported by Bethlehem School District
- Adirondack Health Institute to offer free insurance help into early 2021