ROTTERDAM, N.Y. (NEWS10) - A Niskayuna man was arrested for robbing the Pioneer Savings Bank on Altamont Avenue in Rotterdam.
Police say Robert P. Turner entered the bank just after 10 a.m. on Friday. He allegedly approached a bank teller and passed a note demanding money.
The note implied that Turner had a weapon, however, none was displayed.
Turner then fled the area with an unknown amount of money. No injuries were reported.
He was arrested at approximately 11:30 a.m. on Friday.
He is charged with Robbery in the 3rd degree, a class D felony, and Grand Larceny in the 3rd degree, a class D felony.
He was arraigned and remanded to the custody of the Schenectady County Sheriff in lieu of bail.
The Rotterdam Police took Turner into custody with assistance from the Niskayuna Police Department.
- Copyright 2019 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
- 5 burning questions ahead of Tuesday's Oscar nominations
- State lawmakers meet with St. Clare's Hospital pensioners
- Albany residents could be ticketed during snow emergency
- Pipe bursts, ceiling partially collapses at Crossgates Mall