TROY, N.Y. (NEWS10) – Several convenience stores in Rensselaer County lost their ability to accept EBT cards as the result of a
Rensselaer County Executive Steve
“This major enforcement action shows that in Rensselaer County
The nine stores were initially closed and removed from the SNAP program. Four stores remain closed due to code violations.
The investigations were carried out by the U.S. Department of Agriculture, the Special Investigations Unit of the Rensselaer County Department of Social Services, Rensselaer County Sheriff’s Department, Troy Police Department, East Greenbush Police Department, Schodack Police Department, New York State Department of Tax and Finance, Rensselaer County District Attorney’s Office and City of Troy Code Enforcement Unit.
The locations investigated for alleged SNAP fraud or code violations include:
- 5 Star Food Market Li, Inc., 281 Congress Street, Troy
- NBT Service Center, AKA EZBZ Enterprises, 775 Columbia Tpke., East Greenbush
- M&A Mart, 34 5th Avenue., Troy
- I Love NY Deli & Groceries, 664 5th Avenue, Troy
- Shree Bhavani Inc., AKA Hampton Market and Deli, 107 Hampton Avenue, Rensselaer (Town of East Greenbush) 6) Deli Express, 70 Jefferson Street, Troy
- Sheikh T. Deli, 661 2nd Avenue, Troy
- Troy 5 Star Food Market, 380 5th Avenue, Troy
- Congress Street Market, 353 Congress Street, Troy