SCHENECTADY, N.Y. (NEWS10) — National Grid is stepping up to help families across the Northeast who are dealing with food insecurity during the coronavirus pandemic.
The National Grid Foundation is donating $500,000 to 45 organizations across New York, Massachusetts and Rhode Island. In the Capital Region, that includes The Unity House, Schenectady City Mission, and the Capital City Rescue Mission.
The money will help provide meals to children and families and those assisting first responders.
- History in Bronze: Great Barrington’s Newsboy Statue and Fountain
- New York venues unite for #lightsUPstateNY initiative
- Avoiding the virus: Here’s how to manage your risk
- World War II veteran beats COVID-19 in time to mark 104th birthday
- Where are you in the vaccine line? NY Times tool has an estimate