RENSSELAER COUNTY, N.Y. (WTEN) – Multiple agencies are currently searching the Hudson River after a 77-year-old Schaghticoke man, who had entered the river to swim, went under the water and failed to resurface.
The Rensselaer County Sheriff’s office responded to a call on Hudson Avenue in Pleasantdale at 7:19 p.m. Saturday, after witnesses reported the man was having difficulty in the water and had went under.
State Police, who joined the search at around 8 p.m., have been searching the area with assistance from NYSP Aviation and their Underwater Recovery Team.
Multiple agencies have also taken part in the search, including: The Saratoga County Sheriff’s Office, Rensselaer County Sheriff’s Office, Albany Fire Department, Melrose Fire Department, Pleasantdale Fire Department, and Waterford Fire Department.
The search is currently ongoing, and we will update this story as information becomes available.
- Washington County coronavirus update
- Lawmakers hoping for more funds from Congress to ensure safe and fair November elections
- Amazon warehouse looking to fill jobs as unemployment claims fall
- Dems decry Trump’s statements on housing as racist
- Governor announces $1 million mobile addiction treatment expansion