TROY, N.Y. (NEWS10) — Two dozen military veterans were honored at the Eighth Annual Veterans Appreciation dinner in Troy on Monday.
Three veterans were honored: James Clifford, James Mayben and MacArthur Henderson. They each had their banners unveiled at the dinner.
Each banner has their picture, name and years of service as part of the Hometown Heroes Banner Program.
“I think it’s a wonderful thing again,” Mayben said. “Not looking for any kind of special recognition, but you know, it’s good to have your face up there and be recognized not only on Veterans Day but every day because of us veterans are out here serving in one capacity or another.”
Since the program began in 2017, more than 1,000 banners are hanging throughout Troy.
- Ohio mail carrier accused of hiding 335 pieces of mail in car, including ballot application
- 10-foot python found under hood of Mustang in South Florida
- Pres. Trump, Biden campaign across the Midwest Friday
- Nine Pin to release Lady Apple cider
- Local man wins NYS Industries for the Disabled award for workplace excellence