ALBANY, N.Y. (NEWS10) — UPDATE: 11:18 A.M. –Police are now investigating a serious assault that occurred Tuesday night on Sherman Street as a homicide.
Around 8:50 p.m. Tuesday, police said a 40-year-old man was assaulted on the 100-block of Sherman Street in Albany.
The victim was taken to Albany Medical Center with several serious injuries to his body and he was later pronounced deceased.
The investigation into the assault is ongoing. Anyone with information is asked to contact police at 518-462-8039.
100% anonymous tips may also be submitted to Capital Region Crime Stoppers online at www.capitalregioncrimestoppers.com or by downloading the free P3 Tips mobile app.
- UAlbany opens season with thrilling win over New Hampshire
- Siena lets one slip away in regular season finale
- CBA outduels La Salle in shootout at Frear Park
- NCAA approves Siena women’s basketball waiver for postseason eligibility
- Professional lacrosse team name contest narrowed down to three options