UPDATE* Troy police said they have arrested Daryl Jeffrey, 29, of Rensselaer for attacking the 23-year-old victim after police and technicians interviewed witnesses and collected evidence at the scene.
Police said the victim suffered non-life threatening injuries to his eye as well. Jeffery reportedly fled the scene before officers arrived.
Jeffrey was brought to the Troy Police Department Central Station where he was processed and appeared via video arraignment in Troy City Court. He was remanded to Rensselaer County Jail.
If anyone has any additional information related to the incident, Troy police are asking the public to contact them at (518)-270-4421 or report anonymously on their website.
TROY, N.Y. (NEWS10) — Troy police are investigating after a man was injured in a machete attack on Monday.
Around 5 p.m., police said there was a fight between two men in the area of Federal Street and Fifth Avenue. The victim was stabbed in the hand by a machete.
According to police, the two men know each other, and the victim’s injuries are non-life threatening.
The investigation is ongoing.
- ‘Space hurricane’ spotted above Earth for first time ever
- Budget nominee Neera Tanden withdraws nomination amid opposition
- Over 100 NYC residents have UK strain of COVID; 2 with South Africa variant: DOH
- Rep. Tenney comments on Cuomo accusations
- FBI director warns of increasing threat of white extremists