ROCHESTER, N.Y. (WROC/AP) — One of Vermont’s oldest craft breweries, Magic Hat Brewing Company is moving to New York state, shifting all production to Genesee Brewing Company in Rochester.
Some Magic Hat beers are already made at the Genesee Brewing Company.
The company announced Tuesday it could no longer keep multiple breweries open. Burlington-based Zero Gravity agreed to take over the Vermont facility.
All 43 Magic Hat employees will be considered for open positions within Zero Gravity, or receive severance should they leave FIFCO USA, the beverage conglomerate that owns Genesee and Magic Hat.
In a statement, FIFCO CEO Rich Andrews said that Magic Hat’s long ties to the Burlington community made this decision difficult.
- Professional lacrosse team name contest narrowed down to three options
- 4,000 Montgomery County seniors will soon be vaccinated
- Local lawmakers respond to New York Times report on nursing home fatality data changes
- Rensselaer County coronavirus update March 5
- Senate Democrats reach deal on jobless benefits, allowing $1.9T COVID relief bill to move ahead