ROCHESTER, N.Y. (WROC/AP) — One of Vermont’s oldest craft breweries, Magic Hat Brewing Company is moving to New York state, shifting all production to Genesee Brewing Company in Rochester.
Some Magic Hat beers are already made at the Genesee Brewing Company.
The company announced Tuesday it could no longer keep multiple breweries open. Burlington-based Zero Gravity agreed to take over the Vermont facility.
All 43 Magic Hat employees will be considered for open positions within Zero Gravity, or receive severance should they leave FIFCO USA, the beverage conglomerate that owns Genesee and Magic Hat.
In a statement, FIFCO CEO Rich Andrews said that Magic Hat’s long ties to the Burlington community made this decision difficult.
- Malls to reopen on Friday
- Athletics sweep Mohawks to remain undefeated
- No change to CAA, UAlbany football schedule yet
- Dave Rider steps down as Albany Academy baseball coach
- Community donates equipment to local vandalized little league