MALTA, N.Y. (NEWS10) — A Saratoga Springs woman responsible for the death of one man and injuring two others in a 2019 Malta car crash was sentenced up to 4.5 years in prison.
Prosecutors said 46-year-old Kelly Leonardi was driving northbound on Route 9 when she crossed over into the southbound lane and hit a pickup truck head on.
The passenger in her car was killed, and two people in the pickup truck were taken to Albany Medical Center for non-life threatening injuries.
Leonardi was charged with vehicular manslaughter and two counts of assault.
- Girl Scouts discuss the importance of voting
- How baseball hall of fame plans to tell the stories of 2020 season
- NYPL could become summer showcase league under MLB proposal
- Rensselaer Park Elementary may reopen
- Paws Across Pacific: Historic animal rescue flight provides hundreds of Hawaii shelter animals with forever homes