ALBANY, N.Y. (NEWS10) — There are many local events happening in honor of Capital District veterans on Monday, November 11th. See a list of some events in your county below.
- Albany Veterans Day Parade 11 a.m. – 1 p.m.
- Veterans Day aboard the USS Slater 9 a.m – 4 p.m. Ceremony starts at 9 a.m. and is free to both veterans and the public.
- Albany Institute of History & Art Free Admission Day- 10 a.m. – 5 p.m.
- 5th Annual Celebrating Our Heroes Dinner- Honoring Vietnam Veterans at the Albany Capital Center at 5 p.m. Vietnam Veterans are free- $125 per person.
- Veterans Day Art Talk at the Norman Rockwell Museum, 9 Glendale Rd. Stockbridge, Mass. 1 p.m. – 2 p.m.
- Veterans Day Parade & Ceremony Downtown American Legion, North Adams, Mass. 10:40 a.m.- 12:00 p.m.
- 14th Annual Valatie Veterans 5k, Main St. Valatie, N.Y. Race begins at 8:30 a.m.
- Veterans Day Service at Brunswick Church, 42 White Church Rd. Troy, N.Y. 7 p.m.- 11 p.m.
- Veterans Day Ceremony at Sand Lake Veterans Memorial Park, Averill Park, N.Y. 11 a.m.- 12 p.m.
- Veterans Day Ceremony at the Bennington Battlefield State Historic Site, 5157 Route 67, Walloomsac, N.Y. 11 a.m.
- Goose Hill Veterans Memorial Ribbon Cutting Ceremony at Steinmetz Park, Schenectady 12 p.m. – 1 p.m.
- Rivers Casino & Resort Veterans Day Hot Dog Special. Veterans and active military personnel get 2 free hot dogs at Van Slyck’s 11 a.m. – 10 p.m.
- Veterans Day Celebration and Gallery of Valor at the Gurtler Brother VFW Post 420, 190 Excelsior Ave. Saratoga Springs, N.Y. from 11 a.m. – 2:30 p.m.
- Veterans Day Free Buffet at the Saratoga Casino Hotel from 12 p.m. – 8 p.m. Free for veterans and active military.
- 12th Annual Veterans Day Dash 5k at Shenendehowa High School, Clifton Park, N.Y. 10 a.m. – 12 p.m.
- Prospect Mountain Veterans Memorial Highway Honors Veterans. Free admission for veterans.
- Veterans Day Luminary Craft at World Awareness Children’s Museum, 89 Warren St. Glens Falls, N.Y. 11 a.m. – 12 p.m. Free with admission.
- Veterans Day Field of Flags at Fort William Henry Museum Lake George, N.Y.