ALBANY, N.Y. (NEWS10) — Duanesburg Olympic bronze medalist Emma White received a special honor from a local assemblyman Wednesday.
White started cycling when she was 10 years old and made the Olympic team three years ago. Assemblyman Angelo Santabarbara presented her with a proclamation at the New York State Capitol.
The proclamation recognizes the accomplishments she made while cycling, including bringing home the bronze medal from the Tokyo Olympics.
“It is really special,” she said. “It’s been a complete whirlwind since coming back from Tokyo, and I’ve been so welcomed since coming back to New York, and the community has been so welcoming.”
White also said the proclamation is the icing on the cake to all of the recognition she has received so far.
- Richard Mooney: Candidate for Rensselaer mayor discusses the issues with NEWS10
- Mike Stammel: Candidate for Rensselaer mayor discusses the issues with NEWS10
- In-N-Out Burger defies vaccine mandate, gets restaurant shut down
- Republicans stand against president’s IRS bank plan
- Biden meets with lawmakers to try to broker social spending deal