GUILDERLAND, N.Y. (NEWS10) — Beginning Monday, the Guilderland and Washington Park Farmers Markets will be making it easier to get locally produced food, beverages and more by launching a new online market.
Products from vendors will be added to the Guilderland Farmers Market website where customers can place orders and pay online. Any orders that are placed will be prepared and boxed for pickup. Orders will be brought to customers’ cars to practice social distancing.
“They don’t have to get out of their cars,” farmers market owner Scott Abraham said. “They’re not touching the food. Everything will be bagged up for them, so they come, honk the horn — not too loudly please — and then we’ll come over with the bag of goodies that they ordered.”
The online market is now open and will be adding more vendors over the next several days. Abraham is encouraging all vendors — even those not affiliated — with the market to sign up.
Pickup will be at noon on Sundays at the Star Plaza parking lot located at the corner of Route 155 and Western Avenue in Guilderland beginning on April 26.
So far, both the Guilderland and Washington Park farmers market will be open for the summer and fall as scheduled.
- Cuomo to expand community vaccination kit program, includes one new Albany site
- Majority of U.S. Catholics say abortion should be legal in most cases, survey shows
- Buffalo Bills arrive in Kansas City ahead of AFC Championship
- Big offenses, overlooked defenses in AFC title game
- Netflix series “Blown Away” Season Two Is Back