ALBANY, N.Y. (NEWS10) — A downstate lawmaker wants to strengthen New York’s already strict gun laws.
Democratic Assemblyman Felix Ortiz introduced three new measures on Wednesday.
The first would tackle so-called ghost guns, which are guns that come in parts and lack any identifying features. The bill would require each gun part to have a serial number.
The second bill would require companies making ammunition to use a coding system on all firearms sold in New York.
The third measure requires GPS tracking on guns so they can be located when stolen.
- Record 6.6 million have sought US jobless aid since virus
- Schenectady Police issue reminder to ATV drivers to not drive on city streets
- Police: Taxi driver stabbed overnight in Albany
- 5 things to know this Thursday April 9
- 4/9/20: Afternoon Showers, Turning Very Windy